Date:      08 Aug 2000 11:36:25 -0500
From:      James Felix Black <jfb@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   W2k and FreeBSD redux

Hello all,

I'm still stuck trying to get W2k and FreeBSD to play nice on my
machine.  I would like not to have to pay for a partition/boot
management product if I can help it; I would boot off of floppy first,
but I can't seem to find instructions anywhere on how to create a
custom boot floppy.  Are there such instructions anywhere?  I'll
happily RTFM, if I can find the FM.  There doesn't seem to be anything
in the Handbook.

W2k and FreeBSD have separate disks to themselves, and both are
located below this mysterious 1024 cylinder boundary.  Does that make
a difference?  My work system is FreeBSD (4.0-STABLE) so I have access
to a box to futz with (the FreeBSD installation at home is
inaccessible.)

Thanks again,
(jfb)

--
My fellow Americans.  As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball,
but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not