Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 1996 03:05:01 CDT
From:      Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   terminal question

  There is one small thing that bugs me about FreeBSD that I hope that
someone can help me with... :)

  My kernel is configured to use the sc console driver.

  When I login on the console and connect to a remote machine (telnet or
kermit) just many full screen text applications are just about useless.
I suspect this is due to the different terminal types.  I use vt100 on
the remote side and cons25 on the local side.

  I have tried setting the local terminal type to vt100 but that did not
seem to help.  The remote side does not have this cons25 type.

  In order to use vt100 emulation will I need to switch to the vt
console driver?  I guess that I could give that anohter try but the last
time that I tried it I was more impressed with the sc console driver.

  For the time being I just have to startup X when I want to use
anything that uses the full screen.

  Thanks.

---
Kent Vander Velden