Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2017 09:19:07 +0800
From:      Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com>
To:        David Belle-Isle <dbelleisle@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Changing NIC ring weight in indirection table

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 11:34 PM, David Belle-Isle <dbelleisle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to set the weight of a ring from the indirection
> table on FreeBSD? My plan is to yank out a TX ring and to use it solely
> with netmap to receive packets but want to make sure the kernel won't be
> receiving any packets on this ring.

TX side is not related to the RSS's indirect table at all.  I believe
you need to modify the drivers you are using.

> Based on a quick search this is something that ethtool would be able to do
> on Linux but I doubt this can be done on FreeBSD using the same tool?

adrian@ has proposed something in this area, RSS key and RSS indirect
table, though not much happens yet.  I have implemented the indirect
table changes through a driver specific sysctl for hn(4), you probably
could do the same for the drivers that you are using.  But again, you
will have to change the code.

Thanks,
sephe