Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:02:15 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1013925736.c1086d@mired.org>
To:        "thomas may" <thomas.may@x9media.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unsupported glibc library on freebsd !

thomas may <thomas.may@x9media.com> types:

Please just send one copy of your message, and in plain asci. Sending
HTML with MS XML style sheets is a waste of bandwidth, and tends to
cause your mail to be ignored.

> it seams that freebsd doesnt support the glibc library until yet.

FreeBSD doesn't use glibc, and it probably never will.

> But for the installation of php with java/ext support this library
> is required.
> Does anyone know more ?

Other than what I told you, no. Mostly because I don't know where you
got the software you are trying to install. If it's commercial linux
software, then you'll have to install the linux version of apache,
php, etc. and use the Linux ABI. If you have source, then you'll need
to port if from Linux to FreeBSD. In which case looking at the various
php ports that have already been done may be helpful.

	<mike