Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:34:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Goran Larsson <goran@patriot.pluggnet.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   About "a new file system"

Hello FreeBSD friends!

I am at the moment running some FreeBSD servers on my WebSite "pluggnet.se"
They are all "standard" installed with "novice" help in setup, everything
works 100% well!! until the device wd0 whent out of space! on /var
mounted partition.

My task and problems:

	I installed an "primary slave" drive and got it to run as wd1, FreeBSD
	"knows" about the drive OK!

	I boot up my computer whith "boot" disk an run "Expert" mode, in
	the "fdisk" section i create my partitions with "A" (auto) then i
	write info to disk with "W". I put an "ordinary" record NOT boot on the
	new disk. I end this section with "Q".

	I want the disk to operate as one partition and creates only one
	whit disklabel utility, but i am not able to write info to disk.

	I trye to make an file system whit "./MAKEDEV wd1s1a" and "newfs
	/dev/wd1s1a"

Question?

	What is wrong, cant i mount my new disk as /var in my file system?

	Please! can you tell me how to do this? i can find enything in
	the GNU Bible or on your FAQ- To solv this problem myself! Heeeelp!!

	/ goran@pluggnet.se