Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:45:29 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, dajaasge wrote:

> As a relatively inexperienced user of FreeBSD I have little input to offer
> =A0 the community as a whole save to suggest that offering a DVD iso image
> from which to install would save the sometimes extreme tediousness of disc
> swapping when adding packages. If I knew more about it I would make such =
an
> image myself, however, having never had to do it before it is something I
> will have to pen in for a later time.

Creating a DVD from the official FreeBSD CD isos (disc[1-3]) is quite=20
straightforward. Take a look at the instructions on=20
<http://www.pa.msu.edu/~tigner/bsddvd.html>. It describes creating a DVD fr=
om=20
a 2 CD set but the process is the same for 3, just include an extra step to=
=20
mount and copy disc3 in the same way as he describes disc2, then continue=20
with the instructions for disc2 and disc1 in that order.

=2D-=20
Mike Clarke