Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:46:41 -0500
From:      Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, suggestions@wolfram.com
Subject:   Re: Mathematica for FreeBSD

W Gerald Hicks (wghicks@bellsouth.net) wrote:
> Can someone please make a restricted "port" for this?  If not, I'll
> go buy it just for that purpose :-|
>
> Even better would be a native version for FreeBSD.

I talked to the person who is incharge of support at Wolfram last
fall in Champaign-Urbana and asked about a native port to FreeBSD
and he said the usual "not enough interest" and that it already
works under Linux emulation.  He also told me it costs them a lot
of money to support new OS's.  I was ammused when he told me that
they had recently moved their website to a national hosting center
and that when shoping around, a lot of the places they considered
ran FreeBSD and they finally went w/ pair networks.

paul