Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:46:55 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   experiences (Re: FreeBSD Foundation Accepts Donations via PayPal)

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Hi Jonathan,

good idea, I alway wanted to donate something, so I welcome the new
paying method, because sending a cheque was for me always something
like a show stopper in doing...

But now after trying to donate something through paypal I gave up in
the middle of this time consuming process that forces you to do things
you initially didn't want or are not prepared to do for the single
aim to donate money.

Things I had to do:
- register
- get an international account since I'm not US citicen
- was forced to verify a paypal card number
- was forced to be charged with $1.94 for this paypal card verification
  am not sure for what they wanted to charge me $1.94.
  For the card ? The verification ?
  Then they claim you get the money back to your account ...
  Well, then why they try to charge me at all ????

Most annoying is, that they 1st tell you, that you don't have to
to the paypal card verification, if the money you want to send is
below $100. This is the case for me, I entered $ 50 a page ago.

But also its not necessary the continue button leads you to the
information, that you should now proceed with the card verification
process with the charging of $1.94.

I'm sorry, but no way with paypal. Only wanted to write this as
an experience report...

BTW: Merry X'mas

	Andreas ///

--=20