Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "E. Lakin" <pharaoh@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   weird mouse troubles

    I'm having a bit of trouble with my mouse after getting FreeBSD 2.1.5
installed...right now, i have a serial mouse plugged into com1/sio0. When
i try reading from the port (using "echo </dev/cuaa0") or use the mouse in
X, i cannot get the computer to register mouse movement. However, as soon
as i click a button, that is recieved, and the computer registers mouse
movement - as long as i continuously move the mouse. as soon as i stop
moving the mouse, the mouse button must be clicked again. Everyone i've
talked to so far has been mystified. Anyway, here's my hardware (if it
helps):
	AMD 5x86 133 running as dx4120
	DTC 3274 SCSI card (took forever to get working)
	 1 gig, 500meg hard drives, CD-ROM
	#9 GXE64Pro video card
	generic I/O card with IDE,FDD disabled

thanks for any advice!