Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:02:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        mul@lab1033.berlin.ptb.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN support?

Joe Greco wrote:

> My own experience is with external ISDN terminal adaptors - connect one to a
> serial port and it looks somewhat like a modem.  Works great, maybe not what
> you're looking for, but it's at least a solution if you don't find any ISDN
> cards (the selection isn't great from what I understand).

A relatively expensive approach (what I am using here at home :-)
is the Ascend Pipeline 50.  It simply attaches to the ISDN line on
one side (I have the one with the builtin NT1) and my ethernet LAN
on the other.  I have it running in a dedicated two channel connection
(total of 128kb) to my ISP.  The thing I like about it most is that
all I had to do is plug it in, configure it (about like configuring
a complex modem, I guess), and from that point on it just
worked...happily takes care of itself.

I don't know whether these things are available outside of the US,
but I would guess that something similar is...

--
Bob Willcox
bob@obiwan.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)