Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 23:30:30 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PPP(D) frontends

Hi all,

I've finished a port for YAWMPPP (see http://yawmppp.seul.org/).
However, I am confused as to which category it should go to.  The
precedent is net, due to net/xisp and net/ppxp.  However, I (and Chris
Piazza) feel that "comms" ("Communication software. Mostly software to
talk to your serial port.") is the correct category for this type of
software.  While YAWMPPP and friends do not talk to the serial port,
they are frontends to software that do.

Comments?

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>