Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:35:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cant build 3.5-stable?

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Daniel Frazier wrote:

>Brandon,
>
>Thanks for the response.  I had been waiting for 4.1-RELEASE to upgrade, but
>if I bit the bullet and used this as an excuse to upgrade this box to
>RELENG_4 are you saying that I shouldn't see this error?

That is correct.  RELENG_4 and its derivates, 4.0-RELEASE/STABLE and the
soon to be 4.1-RELEASE/STABLE, do not presently suffer from this build
problem in libfetch.  An upgrade would be a good idea anyway as I
believe you will have a more pleasant FreeBSD experience with RELENG_4.
If you decide to source update please be sure to read /usr/src/UPDATING
after you cvsup and before you begin the build process.  There are some
tricky things waiting in the jump over the major version number.
Nothing that should give you any trouble if you follow Warner's
excellent instructions.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying