Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:05:19 +0100
From:      Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@jawa.at>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tiny BSD Pages

Hi,

Juli Mallett schrieb:
> * De: Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter@jawa.at> [ Data: 2003-03-05 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: Re: Tiny BSD Pages ]
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Chris Fowler schrieb:
>>
>>>I do one thing in Linux that I want to do in FreeBSD.  I store my root
>>>file system as a blow fish, gzipped, encrypted file on a DiskOnChip.
>>
>>I have done exactly this some years ago, checkout PicoBSD (freebsd-small
>>mailinglist). But I don't know the current status of PicoBSD.
>>
>>see also:
>>http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/
>

> With a lot of work it builds again, but due to hardware issues, I don't
> know if it worked :)
good to hear that someone actively maintains PicoBSD.
however, atm we are using FreeBSD with ro-mounts on "normal" Harddisks.
Wich has nearly the same effect as PicoBSD, e.g. powering off without
any data loss, or fsck on reboot, but it has more flexibility because
you can use the ports for installing software.

bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber          - Michael.Bretterklieber@jawa.at