Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:37:32 -0400
From:      Daniel Staal <DStaal@usa.net>
To:        RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsdpan-* ports, portmanager, and "@comment ORIGIN:"

--As of April 29, 2012 8:11:19 PM +0100, RW is alleged to have said:

>> So, is there any way to *avoid* getting that error?  Some way where I
>> can actually use the ports system to keep my stuff up to date?  (Even
>> if it doesn't include the manually-installed software?)
>

> It think you should be able to prevent the package entries by setting
> DISABLE_BSDPAN in the environment.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Semi-successful: It appears to work for `cpanp` installed modules, but not
`cpan` installed modules.  And for some reason, p5-CPANPLUS won't install
correctly (no errors, it just doesn't actually install the client), so
`cpanp` is a `cpan` installed module...  (And yes, this is after
reinstalling them.)

So it looks like it's getting me partway there, but not all the way.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.