Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:02:37 -0700
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   "kernel: carp_input: received len 20 < sizeof(struct carp_header)" messages

Hi,

On a network segment we have both Linux boxes with keepalived (some sort =
of vrrp implementation) and FreeBSD boxes with carp enabled.

The FreeBSD logs have a gazillion "kernel: carp_input: received len 20 < =
sizeof(struct carp_header)" messages.

The carp man page makes it seem like we can disable any carp logging =
with net.inet.carp.log=3D0; but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

The system is running 7.2-RELEASE-p5 (the distribution is pfSense =
1.2.x).

Is there another toggle I can use to get rid of the (to us) useless log =
messages?

I checked that we don't have any overlapping vhid/vrid IDs.  Any idea =
for how to either just suppress the log message from the kernel or =
getting it to log some more details so we can try to make the underlying =
problem go away?

Thanks!

 - ask=