Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:25:00 +0500
From:      Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com (Jerry Kendall)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Seting up a mirror for FreeBSD

Still unable to setup a mirror for freebsd....

Still unable to get 'mirror' version 2.3 to connect to
ftp.cdrom.com or ftp.freebsd.sol.net

It say's 'Connecting to ...'
then fails.

in /usr/local/lib/mirror/ftp.pl at line ~170 it calls
	open_port in the chat module and that call fails ..

in /usr/share/perl/chat2.pl at line ~42 it calls 'connect()'
	and that fails.

I don't know a great deal about the perl language, will learn soon,
but I do 'C" and have done 'C' for more than 10 years, I feel
that the problem may be with the call to connect().

Can someone help please.

Jerry