Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:29:36 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make -j# buildworld question.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:09:27PM -0500, Daryl Chance wrote:
> is it a Bad Thing(tm) to do a make -j# buildworld?  or does
> it not really matter?  I have no problems when building other ports
> and the kernel, but buildworld is a little more involved, so i'm not
> sure if it would have any problems with a -j build.

Let me quote /usr/src/UPDATING on this one:

19990413:
        Make -j works again for make world.  As always, use it with
        care, and be sure to try a make world w/o -j before
        reporting problems (that is, know if the problem exists w/o
        -j before reporting the problem with -j).

I use it regularly and never had a problem (and it *does* make a
difference).

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27