Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:58:57 -0500
From:      "Postalbunny" <postalbunny@houston.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba: very strange truncation error

i've come across this same problem with any windows machine connecting =
to my samba machine.  The windows machiens are looking for services... =
and will cause that log output on every initial connection.  You can =
either delete this key in window registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Rem=
oteComputer\NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

or a odd'er fix is to add this to my smb.conf

[.]
        comment =3D windows work around
        public =3D no
        browseable =3D no
        path =3D /tmp

now it finds a "." service that it can't browse so it doesn't list it.  =
Helps samba to not barf on every connection.

Not sure who to get this out to, or who to notify about this bug, but =
i've found a lot of people with the same problems (google) but no fixes. =
 And have experienced this problem going from samba (no problems) to =
samba3.

in regards to question:=20
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20030827=
/ef6539ad/attachment.bin--Ian Steinmetz