Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:42:16 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr
Cc:        Slava <slava@saminfotech.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: creating freebsd partition

OK, so extended partitions are a kludge, but I have a system already
running Windows with a 6 GB disk that is already partitioned into a 4
GB primary and a 2 GB extended partition. It's already running Windows
and, much as I wish it was otherwise, I need to keep running Windows
part time on that system. I really don't want to have to re-install
Windows, either.

Is it hopeless or is there some way to make this work? I did see one
message from someone who said he had installed FreeBSD in an extended
partition. and the novice install (in sysinstall) seems to accept it
when I tell it to make the extended partition into a FreeBSD
partition, although I bailed before it actually did anything.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)