Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:21:57 -0000
From:      Rob Snow <lists@cerberus.dympna.com>
To:        "Lowkrantz@dympna.com,  Goran" <Goran.Lowkrantz@infologigruppen.se>, "'Rob Snow'" <lists@dympna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 4.0-RELEASE panics on daily?

Doh, count me in on the debugging of this.  I'm running a vinum stripe across
two 30GB IDE drives.  I've been letting the machine reboot on this, as I'm
usually not up.  After my MB change the panic still happened, so I wouldn't
rule out vinum, but have always found it to be damned stable and really well
documented. (Shameless plug for Greg's work on vinum)

Some info:

First MB:
Epox MVP3G K6-2 350 2x64MB DIMMS
1x6.4 U33 drive as OS, etc.
2x30G Maxtor 7200rpm 2mb on a Promise Ultra-66, each drive master on seperate
channel.

Current:
BH6, Celery @ 450 (stable for over a year in another config)
1x128MB CAS 2 DIMM (running CAS 3)
<Same disk setup>

Side note:
I posted a question about seemingly slow performance on the UDMA66/Promise
config on the Super7 setup, turns out I was right that something was weird.
When I chaned to the BH6 Bonnie -s 256 went from 23MB/sec Block write to
38MB/sec on the stripe with only 50% CPU vs. 9x% on Super7. (Single drive was
22MB/sec on same test on Super7)  Promise reported busmastering in both
configs and drives were seen as UDMA66 in both configs.

-Rob