Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 06:30:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Brian Clarke <natty066@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a DOS Partition

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Brian Clarke wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have searched for two weeks and cannot find how to simply
> download the FreeBSD files to my hard # 2 drive (empty) and
> install from there.
Put your files in a directory
C:\\freebsd
of your first harddrive.
When you boot from your floppies you will be asked some questions
about partitioning your second harddrive, and which installation
media you whish to use (you choose dos-partition)

> I understand the process of creating the floppy disks but i
> just need to go one step from there. If it is possibe, kindly
> direct me to the files to download and it will be smooth
> sailing (i hope) from there.
At least you will need the directories (or "distributions" as the
freebsd-handbook says) bin and man . The result will be a nice
operating system without any graphical user interface.

Uli.