Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:11:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
To:        roam@orbitel.bg
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devel/ORBit uncleaned or CVS misbehavior ?

On 20 Dec, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:47:58AM +0100, Philippe CASIDY wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> While tracking which port categories I still have to update to the new
>> layout, I found that the port devel/ORBIT has still have old pkg/*
>> files!
>>
>> I cvsuped devel categories last night and I update my ports using :
>> cvs -q update -d -P
>>
>> I alwayes use this command and it worked greats for all other ports I
>> have already updated:
>> audio, archivers, ...
>>
>> Strange, in the repository, I only have
>> /home/ncvs/ports/devel/ORBit/pkg/Attic
>>
>> Anyone has noticed this behavior?
>
> Are there any files in that pkg/ directory?  As has been mentioned
> several times on this list, cvs update -P only removes empty dirs -
> empty both in the repository *and* on your local disk.  I have found
> non-removed pkg/ and especially patches/ subdirs as a result of leftover
> .rej and .orig files from failed patches of my own.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> G'luck,
> Peter

While trying to show you how weird it looked like to me I just found :

bash-2.03$ cvs status DESCR
File: DESCR             Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1.1.1 Wed Dec 20 14:06:00 2000
   Repository revision: 1.1.1.1 /home/ncvs/ports/devel/ORBit/pkg/Attic/DESCR,v
   Sticky Tag:          RELEASE_4_1_0 (revision: 1.1.1.1)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

I remember once I had to use this specific version instead of a more
recent one...

So now, I will use the following command to update my port :

cvs -q update -d -P -A
-A to reset sticky tags!

Sorry for the noise!

Have a nice day.