Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:17:43 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        MiPc <jmmsa@arrakis.es>, Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Explorer 4.0 and https

On Friday, 22 August 2008 at 14:33:45 +0200, MiPc wrote:
> 	Hello, I have a proxy server running Freebsd 2.2.5, when I've installe
> Micrososft Internet Explorer 4.0 at one PC the connection to https servers
> don't work, however Netscape 4.0 works.
>
> 	Could anyone help me?. Regards.

Yes.  To use a Microsoft remedy: "reinstall".  But this time use
Netscape instead of Explorer.

Microsoft Internet Explorer is a product which has been deliberately
created to violate contractual obligations.  Don't use it.  In this
case, it's very likely that it's a "bug" designed to break
compatibility with standards.

Greg