Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:54:40 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libmd for other platforms?

This is only partly a FreeBSD question, but I figured someone may know.

I'm very interested in FreeBSD's libmd, particularly the MD5File()
function, which calculates a MD5 checksum for the file passed.

I'm curious if anyone knows where to get similar code for Linux,
Solaris (Sparc), and possibly even Windows. I'm working on an installer that
wishes to use checksums to see if files have been altered  since installation,
and md5 seemed a better way to go than working on our own.

	-Brian