Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:44:17 -0400
From:      Matthew Whalen <mwhalen@uucom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware2 and xfree86-4.0.1

I have a new machine that I'm trying to configure.  It's very similar
to my regular home machine (PIII 700 vs K7 700).  They both run
4.0-stable (home was build last about 1 month ago, new machine yesterday).
I have xf86 4 on this new machine, and 3 at home.

My vmware on the new machine dies cathing with a SIGSEGV and "Abort trap"
being printed to the screen.  I know that vmware doesn't officially support
XF86 4, but this doesn't really sound a lot like an Xserver problem
to me.  There isn't much in the vmware log to note.  Has anyone tried
vmware2 with XF86 4 yet?  If so, did you get the same result?  Is there
something else going on?

thank you for any pointers

-matthew