Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:58:04 +0930 (CST)
From:      Martin Minkus <diskiller@borg-cube.com>
To:        Kent Hauser <kent@lab1.tfd.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SBlive driver

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Kent Hauser wrote:

> Doug,
>
> On my -CURRENT system (from last week), I also found that
> the SBlive driver caused spontaneous reset -- no panic, no
> dump, just reset. I was using "realaudio7" as my audio
> source.
>
> Kent

I moved the SB Live driver from 5.0 into 4.0, and am using it with no ill
effect. xmms, and several other programs (like emulators) use it fine,
perfect crisp sound (only wavs play bad?), and 4.0 has not been crashing,
or resetting, or anything. I've been using it like this for a few days.

When will it be backported into 4.0? *hint* *hint*

martin.

--
Martin Minkus aka DiSKiLLeR
Email: diskiller@borg-cube.com   Web: http://www.diskiller.net

I live in a world of paradox... my willingness to destroy is
your chance for improvement, my hate is your faith, my failure
is your victory - a victory that won't last.