Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:48:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        weldon@excelsus.com (Weldon S Godfrey 3)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Can I run SCO binaries on FreeBSD-2.1.0?

> On this note, has anyone used the APC PowerChute shoftware sucessfully on
> FreeBSD, in particular the SCO version (of course).

Not likely.  Aliens wrote our SIO code.

The powerchute code depends on using the partial open hack to get the
modem control port open nd in a state where reads and writes work,
with DCD not present, then it sepends templating behaviour for port
defaults (which we can sort of do using rc.local) and it sepends on
bit 8 indicating modem control vs. non-modem control for uppercase
vs. lowercase port association, since the lock files have to lock
both ports, even though they have different names.  Finally, it
depends on SCO-style instead of POSIX-style (which we get wrong,
IMO) processing of SIGHUP and controlling TTY assignment.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.