Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:30:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, julian@ref.tfs.com, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone keen to help me get a Phillips CDD 521 Recorder working?

(I've moved this off -hackers)

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, here's what the replacement drive says now:
>
> ahc0:A:4: refuses syncronous negotiation.  Using asyncronous transfers
> (ahc0:4:0): "JVC WCD-ROM XR-W1001 GBBF" type 4 removable SCSI 1
> uk0(ahc0:4:0): Unknown
> <and so on for the rest of the uk devices>

I guess you haven't configured the worm0 device, have you?

If i remember well, i've forced worm-type devices to respond only to
LUN 0.

The Yamaha CDR100 i've got for some time did also respond on all LUNs,
see the entry in scsiconf.c.

Ähem, "options NEW_SCSI_CONF" is also your friend.  (Recompile from
scratch after this.)

I'm highly interested in all your results, i think i can still lay my
hands on a Yamaha device for a couple of days once i know how to
handle it.

--
cheers, J"org