Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:55:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld, anyone?

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Kenneth D. Merry writes:
>  >
>  > That's more or less the fix I checked in a little while ago.  I also added
>  > a little more belt-and-suspenders checking, which shouldn't affect the
>  > alpha.
>
> Thanks.  Things are coming in so fast and furious now that my source
> tree is hopelessly out of date by the time I can get a buildworld to
> fail. Luckily almost everything coming in is a fix ;-)
>
>  > Doug also ran into (and worked around) a compiler bug on the Alpha that
>  > causes it to blow up on rpc.rstatd.  You'll probably want to get his fix.
>  >

> OK.  Looks like Doug checked it in:
>
> dfr         1998/09/16 14:33:14 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     libexec/rpc.rstatd   rstat_proc.c
>   Log:
>   Work around an alpha compiler bug.
>

> The perl5 stuff is what really bothers me, but it looks like Doug was
> at that too..  Here I go again ;-)
>
> Doug -- what's the state of the kernel now? I noticed a whole slew of
> commits.  Is the only relevant patch now the addition of isa/sio.c ?

Yes I think so.  I need to find a few minutes to merge in the latest fixes
to sio and get someone to do a repo-copy before I can commit that.

My buildworlds are stopping on vidcontrol.  I need to merge at least part
of the latest vesa bits :-(.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039