Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:30:30 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@embarqmail.com>
To:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
Cc:        gnome-list freebsd <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gimp-app pkg-plist wrong?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:29:55 +0200
Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de> wrote:

> Randy Pratt wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:43:52 +0200
> > Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de> wrote:
> >
> >> libexec/gimp/2.2/plug-ins/help-browser is in pkg-plist, but did not get
> >> installed. Is my installation broken or pkg-plist wrong?
>
> > The www/webkit-gtk2 _might_ be what configure is looking for but
> > that's just a guess on my part.  I've not tried it yet since it adds
>
> You are correct: If www/webkit-gtk2 is installed, gimp-app does install
> help-browser (and pkg-plist is correct in that case).
>
> I would expect help-browser to provide the "Help", but GIMP still
> claims: "The GIMP user manual is not installed on your Computer."
>
> Pulling in the www/webkit-gtk2 dependency for a non-functional help in
> GIMP seems to be wrong, but otherwise the pkg-plist of gimp-app needs
> conditionals.

It might be missing graphics/gimp-help to complete things.  The URL
( http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-docs/10496-GIMP-help-in-2-6.html#msg47479 )
also mentions that the online version can be used instead of installing
locally via options in Edit/Preferences.

I tried to install webkit this morning but did not quite get there
with many errors similar to:

In file included from DerivedSources/HTMLNames.cpp:36:
./JavaScriptCore/wtf/PassRefPtr.h:44: sorry, unimplemented: inlining
failed in c all to 'WTF::PassRefPtr<T>::~PassRefPtr() [with T =
WebCore::StringImpl]': funct ion body not available
./WebCore/platform/text/PlatformString.h:58: sorry, unimplemented:
called from h ere
In file included from DerivedSources/HTMLNames.cpp:36:
./JavaScriptCore/wtf/PassRefPtr.h:44: sorry, unimplemented: inlining
failed in c all to 'WTF::PassRefPtr<T>::~PassRefPtr() [with T =
WebCore::StringImpl]': funct ion body not available
./WebCore/platform/text/PlatformString.h:58: sorry, unimplemented:
called from h ere
gmake[1]: *** [DerivedSources/libWebKitGtk_la-HTMLNames.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2/work/WebKit-r30549' gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2.

OS/Version: FreeBSD 6.4-PRERELEASE #0: Fri Oct  3 08:05:50 EDT 2008
All ports are up-to-date.

Randy