Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:29:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <marco@beishuizen.info>
Subject:   Re: Why is XFree86 on FreeBSD/Alpha much slower?

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

> Yes, but there is a warning that my data could 'mysteriously get mangled'
> when using that. I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

I'd be worried to put a scsi controller that did writes to important disks
there, but a graphics card?  if a dma transfer gets mangled, then my
screen looks funny and I know that I should shut down and move the card...

I can't see what harm putting a graphics card in there would do.  I
_could_ be wrong though :)

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.