Date:      Sat, 2 May 2020 08:58:57 +0200
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox - accessing SCSI (sym(4))

My yesterday=E2=80=99s attempt to get Win95 running in a VirtualBox =
succeeded. But it=E2=80=99s slow on my AMD Athlon X2 FreeBSD machine
Maybe one would have to tweak assembler optimizations in the port build? =
Or I=E2=80=99ll get me a better CPU+MB+memory.

Before I continue with getting a Windows XP image to run in VirtualBox =
(yes, I would have to run some old Win32 program that accesses the SCSI =
bus (program is called esiWin and requires some older DLLs - =
WNASPI32.dll/Adaptec, which don=E2=80=99t seem to be available under
Windows 10 and I don=E2=80=99t have the hardware available anyway with a =
Windows 10 system).

So in said above FreeBSD system (which I upgraded to 12.1before =
yesterday) there is a 2520 Symbios (sym(4) card) which can access the =
SCSI devices, an SCSI-CDROM and an ESI-4000 sampler (equipped with an =
SCSI2CD San-Disk unit). That=E2=80=99s the scene behind it.

The idea is to access the SCSI controller/Bus from within VirtualBox.

Would that work at all?

=E2=80=94
Christoph