Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:39:16 +0200
From:      martin@drustvo-dns.si
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com509b TPC not working properly

Greetings..

I've installed FreeBSD 4.4 and compiled the kernel with support for 3com509b
network card.It seems that because the cark has UTP and BNC connectors, freebsd
recognizes this card as two cards.I never saw that before, but in my dmesg after
booting it looked something like this:
ed0: <3com 509b bla bla> at port 0x300-30f irq 5 on isa0
ed1: <3com 509b bla bla> at port 0x210-21f irq 10 on isa0
My question is, why is this happening?Is this normal?I mean does it happen all
the time?
Anyway, i'm not able to compile kernel with card support, so would please anyone
give me some clues about how to set this?
Thanks in advance.

Martin