Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:28:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        rjs@asd.banctec.com (Ron Steele)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FDDI Support

> We want to set a FreeBSD system to talk to an HP server over FDDI.
> Are there any other FDDI NIC's supported by FreeBSD, other than those
> mentioned in the DEC devices mentioned in the handbook?

No.  No one has written drivers for cards other than DEC.  The
DEC drivers were written by a DEC employee (hint: strong DEC
brand loyalty has resulted).  8-).

> Since no one here knows much about FDDI, any pointers or guidelines
> for doing this would be appreciated.  This configuration is to be used
> primarily to test the performace of the HP server application software,
> with FreeBSD being used as a data pump.

I believe the handbook has a pointer to the author of the DEC driver's
benchmark page.  This would probably be useful to you.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.