Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:53:04 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to boot FreeBSD-Release on IBM ThinkPad 600E

-On [20000118 22:51], Kevin Oberman (oberman@es.net) wrote:
>I would like to install FreeBSD on my IBM ThinkPad 600E, but I am
>unable to boot. Using the boot floppy images that boot fine on both my
>PII-366 and K6-3-450 systems on the IBM hangs while probing the
>system. It gets to PNP and locks up. I must disconnect the battery to
>get the system to free up and reboot Windows 98.

_Which_ FreeBSD Release?  We only had like ehm 15 or so.

Secondly, try a bootdisk from current.freebsd.org and see if that works,
that way we know that we tackled all problems with the current codebase.

Very much has changed from 3.x -> 4.0

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd W/Asmodai         asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/B-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best