Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 23:48:44 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Terry Rossi <tpr@picspc01.pics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, tpr@pics.com
Subject:   Re: SNAP Questions

(Sorry, can't really help you with the upgrade question)

>4)  Is this a release stable, my 2.0R system is currently acting as a news
>    server, WWW server, and email gateway.  BTW this is on a 386/20 with
>    10mg's of RAM and 1.2gb of IDE disk(s).  Wonderful!!!

   It's more stable than the previous snapshot, but probably has as many
serious bugs as 2.0R; whether you'll trip over them is a different question...
If stability is important, I really recommend waiting for a few more weeks
as we're currently working on fixing a (growing :-( ) list of serious kernel
bugs and hope to have most of this worked out in 2-3 weeks.

>5)  Were there bug fixes to pppd or slipattach or the tty drivers?

   There has been at least one fix to the ppp driver code, but the SLIP code
has been relatively stable. More importantly, there have been changes to the
tty/clist code which should hopefully make it better able to cope with SLIP/PPP
traffic in general.

-DG