Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 07:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        pgardella@geocities.com (Patrick Gardella)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPS for FreeBSD?

Patrick Gardella said:
>I want to add a UPS to my system.  Is there any software which allows for
>a graceful shutdown while using a UPS?  And is there any prefered UPS
>that you would recommend?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Patrick Gardella

I have had good luck with the APC. I have a 400 which is the lowest model
which supports port monitoring. APC sells software to manage the UPS but not
a FreeBSD version. I have used their SCO version. There is a version
written for FreeBSD called upsd. I can't find a copy just now. You will
also need a special serial cable. This is gotten from APC.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses