Date:      Thu, 23 May 2013 07:55:20 -0500
From:      Michael Gass <mgass@csbsju.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Swap Warning Message?

Updated 9.1 to 9 stable on an old PII with 256 MB of memory.
(FreeBSD runs fine on this machine).  After updating have
been getting the following warning on startup:

warning: total configured swap (524288 pages) exceeds maximum recommended
amount (497056 pages).
warning: increase kern.maxswzone or reduce amount of swap space.

I allocated 2.0 GB of swap when I installed.  This was not a problem
in the past.

Should I ignore this warning or do I need to do something?

--
Michael Gass
mgass@csbsju.edu