Date:      20 Jun 2000 10:38:46 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        marcus@redcentre.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports problem

marcus@redcentre.com writes:

> I've been getting the following error from an attempt to build nocol
> (and others).  Would somebody be able to explain where the error is
> occuring?  I've downloaded the package file /usr/ports/distfiles
> directory.

I don't know what the last sentence means, but the problems you're
getting (the download looks for ".tar.gz" files) means that you are
trying to use new ports with an old ports base system.  I think the ports
upgrade kit might solve the problem, although if you're updating your
ports with cvsup, you should be including the ports-base collection.