Date:      Fri, 05 May 2006 13:42:53 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, pjd@freebsd.org, linimon@freebsd.org, Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>, kris@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quota deadlock on 6.1-RC1

Guys,

I appreciate the attempts at rational explaination from camp A, and
I appreciate the flood of emotional outpouring from camp B.  However:

Mike Jakubik, David Kirchner, and others: You are making a mountain out
of a molehill and exploiting the unprecendented openness of the release
engineering team to further your agendas of being unhelpful malcontents.
Dictating what you feel should happen is absolutely 100% worthless and
a waste of time.  Your focus on a small subset of issues completely
ignores the large volume of things that have been improved, and the hard
work that has been done by a team of hundreds to bring you those
improvements.  Your opinions are noted and recorded for posterity.
Thank you.  Now, if you are actually interested in helping, I have a
very long list of technical and non-technical tasks that I would be
quite willing to share that will go towards continuing our tradition of
having good releases.  No programming experience required.  Apply
within. EOE.

Mark Linimon, Kris Kenneway, Robert Watson, and others: Thank you very
much for your attempts at rational explaination.  I think that just
about every angle has been covered, and covered multiple times.
Unfortunately, I think that this topic has gotten into 'feed the troll'
phase, which is unfortunate but also a sign that it's time to move on
and go back to doing good work.  Thank you again.

Scott