Date:      Sun, 11 May 2014 18:42:53 -0700
From:      ssgriffon <ssgriffonuser@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Obscure operating systems

On 05/07/2014 05:49, velocidade da luz wrote:
> Anyone here using PC-BSD, PureDarwin, GhostBSD, AnonymOS, (Amnesiac) Incognito, eComStation, Syllable , ReactOS, Haiku,  or MenuetOS? I'm planning on trying these, and would like to hear of users' experiences (good or bad). Thanks.

I just installed PCBSD for the first time since 8.x and so far I have
been very impressed.  Everything just worked!  I run my BSD development
machine in a virtualbox VM.    I've spent hours even a day building a
freebsd VM with virtualbox guest additions and everything I needed.
PCBSD installed everything for me with no issues, even Flash works out
of the box in firefox.

I'm also a huge fan of PBI's for a desktop system.  If a PBI is
available for the application you want, then you can be sure it will
work because every PBI contains all dependencies for that application.

I hope I don't sound to much like a fan boy but like I said, I have been
impressed so far.

Shane