Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 1996 10:53:47 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tc* questions...

I have been playing with tcgetattr and tcsetattr with some reasonable
success. However, I'm now curious how to do it the "right" way.

What flags should I set to put a terminal in such a mode so that
characters aren't echo'ed, and characters typed are returned
immediately? I've played with ECHO, CLOCAL, and ICANON to some success.

What flags should I set for a modem for a "normal dialout"?
ie - port doesn't echo (the device will echo the characters)
   - characters should be read() immediately (again, no waiting for CR)

Any changes for inbound calls?

Lastly, is there any way to directly look at some of the line signals (CD,DTR,
etc)?

Thanks.
	-Brian