Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:46:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fred@veriohosting.com>
To:        simond@irrelevant.org
Cc:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@uol.com.br>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shutdown -p == shutdown -h ?

I noticed that -p and -h work the same (ie dont powerdown) when apmd isn't
running on my toshiba 300CT laptop.  If, however, I have apmd running
correctly, then shutdown -p powers the box down and shutdown -h brings it
to the point where it sasy 'it's ok to shut down your box now...'

Fred

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 simond@irrelevant.org wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:32:54AM -0300, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I was wondering why is shutdown -p behaving exactly
> > like shutdown -r?
> > 	I have both apm and apmd running.
> > 	Is it due to the non-MFCed acpi code?
>
> I get the same effect, but with the additional "feature" that once I
> turn my PC off when I let go of the power button it turns itself on
> again, -p used to work fine, no idea what happened.
>
> If it helps I'm using a k6-2/450 on a FIC-2013 MVP3 motherboard
>
> --
> Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org

Fred Clift - fred@veriohosting.com -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.