Date:      Thu, 6 May 2010 05:32:14 -1000
From:      parv@pair.com
To:        Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
Cc:        Lee Shackelford <lee_shackelford@dot.ca.gov>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Magic Jack VOIP telephone

in message
<v2ia14066a01005051253y278a34fez7a135c85fe20d935@mail.gmail.com>,
wrote Alejandro Imass thusly...

> I [...] just stuck with Skype who now BTW offers international SIP
> services, so I also hooked up Skype + Asterisk. This means you can
> purchase Skype phone # and attach it to your Asterisk and
> everything in FBSD. No Windoze crappy software.

Alejandro, how time & labour intensive is to set up Asterisk on a
daily use laptop?  Could Asterisk not be used by itself for all VoIP
needs per my superficial Asterisk understanding?

Was setting up Asterisk as simple as installing
/usr/ports/net/asterisk-bristuff or /usr/ports/net/asterisk1{2,6}?

  - parv