Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 11:06:03 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elves wanted - apply within

In article <199802060526.FAA29002@bne16unx215.workcover.qld.gov.au>,
Stephen Hocking  <sysseh@workcover.qld.gov.au> wrote:

> 	What are the plans for moving over to a completely ELF system?

There is some work going on in the background toward that end.  But
people are pretty busy earning livings these days.  It will be ready
when it's ready.  That's the best answer anybody can give you right
now.

> This crosscompiling in order to use third party ELF libs is begining
> to wear a little thin.

Sorry to hear it.  Please understand, these periodic posting storms
of people asking when we are switching to ELF are also getting a
bit irritating.  Such questions can almost never be answered in a
volunteer project.