Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:29:42 -0400
From:      "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>
To:        "'Kevin Fernandez'" <diamond@comm.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Questions

Go to www.freebsd.org and all your questions will be answered :-)

Michael G.

----------
From:  Kevin Fernandez[SMTP:diamond@comm.net]
Sent:  Thursday, August 21, 1997 2:08 PM
To:  FreeBSD
Subject:  FreeBSD Questions

I am attempting to install FreeBSD on a 486SX from diskettes which I
copied from your ftp site and I have a few questions.

1)     I'm attempting to use a very small hard drive (41 mb), is this
too small for the OS? If so, what is the recommended amount of space?

2)    What are the recommended sizes for the swap file and the file
system?

3)     After going through the install program, I get a message similar
to "panic: I'm not going anywhere without my init." It gives me this
message just after it warns you that it is about to make changes and
before it attempts to write to the hard drive. Can you tell me what this
means and how I might solve this problem?

Thank you for any information that you can give to me.

Kevin Fernandez