Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:40:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul Wolstenholme <wolstena@sfu.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Botched 3.3->4.2 upgrade

During an attempted upgrade, I did not have enough disk space on / and the
upgrade failed.

I have tried to boot into single user mode using the old kernel:
load kernel.prev
boot -s

but I cannot seem to mount the / in write mode. If I try: mount -u / I get
the following error:

mount: Block device required

I know that 4.0 no longer uses block devices. So, how do I mount / after
this failed install so I can make the required adjustments.

Thanks,
Paul