Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:23:50 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Review request for NFS readdirplus change.

--xJK8B5Wah2CMJs8h

Hi.

I'm looking for a review of the following patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/nfs_serv.c.3.patch

The main purpose of this patch is to support stuff like ZFS, where using
VFS_VGET() might be tricky on .zfs/ directory and friends. When
VFS_VGET() is not supported be the underlying file system, we switch to
VOP_LOOKUP(). Note that OpenSolaris NFS server implementation always
uses lookup for readdirplus.

I also modified the code to use shared-locking, there is no need to
exclusively lock the vnodes.

The patch removes an assert which doesn't hold for ZFS when we go into
=2Ezfs/snapshot/<name>/ directory, which is separate mount point, but we
don't want to export it separately, so we still return it on lookup.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--xJK8B5Wah2CMJs8h

--xJK8B5Wah2CMJs8h--