Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:04:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   JAVA question....

  Sorry if this is too far off the standard `questions' topics.  Would
  anyone know if JAVA can be used to do local programming on FreeBSD?`
  Might JAVA be a replacement for Borne or ksh scripts? or perl, python,
  or tcl/tk interpretive languages?

  After years of resistance I've finallt become at least somewhat
  literate in shell programming.  I'm ready to bite the bullet and
  learl perl... but if JAVA is going to be the next super-capable
  language, I'll go that route.  The C/C++ model is simplicity itself
  next to /bin/sh or awk, sed, or other hackery.

  Feedback, people??

  gary kline