Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2013 23:42:17 +0000
From:      Jase Thew <jase@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Russell Poyner <rpoyner@engr.wisc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solved Re: ezjail and allow.mount.zfs on 9.1

On 27/01/2013 20:21, Russell Poyner wrote:
> I apparently don't understand the update world process as well as I thought.
>
> make buildworld
> make installworld
>
> did NOT replace my /etc/rc.d/jail script.
>
> When I copied the script from /usr/src/etc/rc.d to /etc/rc.d things started working as expected
>
> RP

Hi Russ,

/etc doesn't get touched by {build,install}world.

To update it, you need to use either mergemaster(8), as documented in
the relevant handbook section http://goo.gl/VTQD7 and also at near the
bottom of /usr/src/UPDATING, or perhaps a tool such as sysutils/etcupdate.

Regards,

Jase.
--
Jase Thew